| Season 3, Episode 13 |
#80 in Series
|Air date:||January 18, 1954|
|Written by:|| Bob Carroll Jr.|
|Directed by:||William Asher|
|Production code:||3-13 / 080|
|IMDB||Ricky Minds the Baby|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"The Million-Dollar Idea"||"The Charm School"|
Ricky Minds the Baby was the 80th episode of I Love Lucy, also the 13th episode of Season 3 of the series. The episode, was directed by William Asher, originally aired on CBS-TV on January 18, 1954.
Ricky is on vacation, and Lucy wants him to spend more time with the baby. Ricky thinks that's a great idea, but Ricky realizes how parenting isn't all fun and games when Little Ricky goes missing.
While the Tropicana is closed for repainting, Ricky offers to give Lucy a week's break and take total responsibility for the care of Little Ricky.
- "La Caperucita Roja" is "Little Red Riding Hood" in Spanish. Desi does a fabulous job rattling off the story in Spanish and quickly switching to English afterwards.
- Ricky said that La Caperucita Roja was taking a basket full of frijoles, tortillas, and vino (wine) to her grandmother's house.
- This is one of the few episodes not filmed in front of a live audience. The cast and crew wanted to take precautions against having an audience in case the Mayer twins cried. And they ended up doing so. But the laughs on the episode are real, not a laugh track. The filmed episode was shown to a live audience, and their laughter was put on to the episode.
- Ricky gets a week off work because the Tropicana is being repainted.
- For breakfast, Ricky makes himself a Spanish omelette with green onions, green peppers, and mushrooms; he makes Little Ricky oatmeal.
- Lucille Ball ... as Lucy Ricardo
- Desi Arnaz ... as Ricky Ricardo
- Vivian Vance ... as Ethel Mertz
- William Frawley ... as Fred Mertz