| Season 3, Episode 17 |
#84 in Series
|Air date:||February 15, 1954|
|Written by:|| Bob Carroll Jr.|
|Directed by:||William Asher|
|Production code:||3-17 / 084|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Fan Magazine Interview"||"Ricky Loses His Temper"|
Oil Wells was the 84th episode of I Love Lucy, also the 17th episode of Season 3 of the series. The episode, was directed by William Asher, originally aired on CBS-TV on February 15, 1954.
Lucy and Ethel learn that their new neighbors own stock in a Texas oil well.
Lucy is asked to do an interview about how happily married she and Ricky are. Lucy puts on a big show, wearing her most beautiful outfits and cooking such delicacies as crepe suzettes. But when Lucy finds a postcard meant to be a publicity stunt in Ricky's jacket, she harbors doubt about Ricky's faithfulness, thanks to ideas the reporter has put in her head.
- The Johnsons first names are Sam and Nancy.
- A still from this episode of the Ricardos and the Mertzes reading a newspaper article in the Ricardos' kitchen was used on the cover of a VHS tape entitled "Lucy's Lost Episodes."
- Ricky found out that making a periwinkle blue custom Cadillac whose horn would toot "Babalu" would cost $20,000.
- When trying to record the Johnsons' conversations, Lucy runs the wire down her pants leg and hides the microphone behind her blouse's built-in handkerchief.
- Fred bought 10 shares of stock from Mr. Johnson, and he eventually lets the Ricardos have half.
- Lucille Ball ... as Lucy Ricardo
- Desi Arnaz ... as Ricky Ricardo
- Vivian Vance ... as Ethel Mertz
- William Frawley ... as Fred Mertz