| Season 5, Episode 15 |
#142 in Series
|Air date:||January 30, 1956|
|Written by:|| Bob Carroll Jr.|
|Directed by:||James V. Kern|
|Production code:||5-15 / 142|
|IMDB||Lucy Meets the Queen|
|← Previous||Next →|
|"Second Honeymoon"||"The Fox Hunt"|
Lucy Meets the Queen was the 142nd overall episode of I Love Lucy, also the 15th episode of season 5 of the series. The episode, was directed by James V. Kern, originally aired on CBS-TV on January 30, 1956.
While in London, Lucy is determined to meet the Queen of England.
Ricky is performing at the famous London Palladium, and Lucy can't wait. But in the meantime, she tries her best to get a glimpse of the Queen. Ricky finds out that he's been invited to meet the Queen after the show, and Lucy desperately wants to go. So, Ricky lets her be in part of the show, thinking that the Queen will allow all performers to meet her. Lucy practices her curtsy all day, and she ends up getting a major charley horse during the pony routine. But her leg cramps worked, because the Queen asked to meet the hilarious performer in the act! Lucy is stuck in a curtsy from overpracticing, but she merrily has two men carry her to the Queen.
- The outfit Lucy wears during the pony routine is the same one that she wore for pranking Ethel's performance in episode #113.
- At the time of this episode, a pound was worth $2.80. Fred gave Ethel 10 pounds, thinking it was ten dollars. He was horrified to find out that it was really almost $30.
- Phillip Wilcox is Ricky's European agent.
- The part of the English hotel maid who explains how women are supposed to curtsy when presented to the Queen was played by Nancy Kulp - remembered for her role as Miss Jane Hathaway in The Beverly Hillbillies.
- Lucille Ball ... as Lucy Ricardo
- Desi Arnaz ... as Ricky Ricardo
- Vivian Vance ... as Ethel Mertz
- William Frawley ... as Fred Mertz